Avoid the following career change mistakes (Isebell
- Making a career change without a proper plan.
- Changing careers simply because you want more money.
- Doing a career jump without proper research.
- Changing to another career because you are unhappy in your
current position or at the current employer.
- Making a complete career change because people in your family
have pressured you to do so.
- Doing a caeer change without gaining the required experience,
contacts and education for a job in another field.
- A move made because someone else was succesful in that career.
- Making the move without considering the consequences and without
a financial backup plan.
- Changing careers without building contacts in that field first.
- Making a career change without considering your interests, personality
and goals in life.
Avoid the above career change mistakes by doing a proper
self assessment and finding out the reason for wanting to make a
career move. You may very well find your current path fullfilling
if some minor changes are made. You may have missed the opportunity
long ago to get into the field and now want to make that move. You
will have to assess the price for the move and plan it ahead at
least six month to a year where possible to ensure that you can
build contacts, get some skills in the area and have the support
required also in terms of finances.